One of our goals in creating an Active Directory integration was to ensure that managing your staff in SeamlessDocs is as easy as possible. That being said there are also many cases where you would like to have Visitor users be able to log-in with using Active Directory.
We will break down the various methods that this can be accomplished:
- Co-Registration - A Visitor is created automatically upon Submission using our Co-Registration feature then the only additional step they will need to perform (which is needed by all users created this way) is to complete their registration by adding their Name and choosing a new password. After this is completed they will be able to log-in using Active Directory.
- Self-Sign Up - If a Visitor creates their user manually on their own through your sign up page then they will be able to log-in through Active Directory as long as they are also a user in your Active Directory client.
- Save & Continue - Currently this user will need to be created manually through the Save & Continue process but then they will be able to log-in via Active Directory after their account is created.
Associating Forms with a Visitor:
If you want your Visitor users to be able to log back in and see their forms they've submitted and check on the status of those submissions then you will either need to:
- Use the Co-Registration feature to have it be automatically associated with the e-mail address used by the form submitter in the field that you are using to create the user via Co-Registration.
- Turn on Require Log-in through the Permissions tab which will force them to be logged in when submitting a form which will automatically associate that form with them. You can Require Log-in and allow them to use Active Directory to log-in as long as they already have their user created.