The concept of remote online notaries and e-notaries are becoming increasingly popular amongst organizations, especially with the recent shift from in person services to online services.
Rules vary from state to state and we encourage you to check your SOS website to see what the laws are where your government is located. You can also find a list of states here that accept remote online notaries.
One potential workflow that we recommend if Notarization is needed is to leverage the attachments functionality of our system.
Steps for Processing a Form with Remote Online Notary in SeamlessDocs
- Prepare your form in SeamlessDoc: Upload your PDF and set up at least two signers, one for the submitter and another for the Notary.
- Make sure to Add Request Attachments and assign to the Notary signer so they can upload their seal.
- Via video conferencing all parties can submit, sign and route their documents accordingly. Once completed, all parties will receive a finalized copy with the notary seal attached.
If your local policy allows for a notarized version of the form to be uploaded along with the application, then you can follow these steps instead:
- Prepare your form in SeamlessDoc: Upload your PDF and set up your signers on the form, as many as are needed.
- Make sure to Add Request Attachments and assign to any signers who may be asked to provide a notarized copy of the form.
- If it's the first signer they can fill out the form and click Print Without Submitting to download a copy of the form with their information on it. Then they can have the document notarized, scanned, and then upload it as an attachment along with their submission.
- If it's a later signer they can follow the same steps but now they will have the form completed from the first signer.